Search This Blog

Saturday 16 May 2015

I WANNA BE A BREAKER

                                                  I WANNA BE A BREAKER

Photo courtesy: salem_beliegraphy

By Lubnah Abdulhalim

Dreams crashing down
like the stars falling down
my thoughts make me drown
is it just my eyes
or is the grass also turning brown?
My heart makes me frown
I wanna be a breaker
not the kind that breaks hearts in a flicker
but the one who takes a break from the world.
Wings broken, with nothing to hold
alas, my heart will forever scold
of the soul that's grown so cold
but hey, comes the inner whisper
an inner calling, an inner fixer
You can be a breaker
not the kind that destroys
Oh no..not even the kind that betrays
but the one that disappears
The one who deals with his fears.
Tears flowing
Under the moon, so glowing
is it just my soul
Even in daylight, that falls?
Oh yes I wanna be a breaker
not the kind that escapes
his challenges, his miseries
but the kind that closes on the world
to filter, to absorb.
I don't wanna be a record-breaker
oh no...not even the one to initiate an ice breaker
I wanna take a break
a break from the screams of the universe
I wanna drown into the silence
oh yes I crave for that kind of presence
of nothing but my soul's stillness
I wanna be immersed in the tranquility
of peace and spirituality
don't you get it?
I just wanna be a breaker
the kind that takes a break from the world.