Search This Blog

Tuesday 29 June 2021

INVOCATION I

 


                                                                Photo by Idina Risk from Pexels


I beseech Your aid


Oh God


For my heart has become a graveyard


with withered flowers


and weeds of undesirability


I can no longer bear the weight


of the caskets carrying


the deadness of my emotions


My doom-laden pillars crumbling


at the height of my anxiety


and my tombstone


displaying engravings


of all the letters


of pain


***


I invoke you


Ya Allah


This desolation


has brought me to my knees


My hands raised high


to the sky


Save me, Oh God


For my mind has become


a battle field of abrupt wars


and hostile armies


Only this time


I am both the ally


and the enemy


Corpses of my thoughts


lie around like hungry fleas


sucking the life


out of me.


***


I beg for mercy


My Lord,


This affliction


is wrecking my soul


An air hunger seizing my lungs


amid a thunderstorm of craze


A heavy downpour of anguish


floods my entire being


while the strong winds howl


at the loss


of my sanity


***


I implore you


My Creator


For a miracle


When everything seems impossible


Let your


Light


Beam through this shadow


Turn the valley of my wounds


Into river beds


Where your Mercy


Can flow through


If my soul is in the shade that pleases you


Then I ask,


O Maker of suns,


To show me how to bloom.


I pray.


I pray.


I pray.