Search This Blog

Tuesday 29 June 2021

INVOCATION II


 



I come to you once again


Lord of my frail heart


and wandering thoughts


To You I belong


and to You


I seek refuge


from the atrocities


of my soul


I send peace and blessings 


to the embodiment of Mercy


The epitome of beauty


and the essence of bravery


My beloved prophet


Muhammad


Salla Llahu aleyhi Wassalam


*


I call unto you


Ya Kareem


with dear wishes 


and dire needs


that none can grant me


But You


Respond to me


My Lord


For there’s no response


more beloved to me


than Your response


*


Ya Salam


Ya Wakeel


I hand you the affairs of my mother


For her worry is too big


for the universe


and too small for You


Grant her serenity


Oh Giver of peace


when the world seems


a bit too much for her


Grant her Your Love


Ya Wadood


For she is the manifestation of widaad


donning love


in all its shapes


and all its colours


Grant her Your Highest Jannah


For You are Al Wahhab


The Great Giver of gifts


and she is Wahiba


the receiver of Your gift of giving


And what better reward than a most beautiful garden


For a lover of gardens?!


*


I pray to you


Ya Raafi’


Elevate the status of my father in the heavens


Make the angels chorus his name


Let the humans know his title


on a day that everyone 


seeks Your attention


Ya Malik


Grant Him palaces next to You


of majestic, magnificent architecture


than he’s ever dreamed of


For he has raised daughters


And sons


And grandchildren


in a way that suits 


Your love 


and grand Mercy


*


I beg You


Oh Most Pure One


Purify my sisters 


my brothers


my nephews and nieces


for they seek nothing


than Your purity


Ya Muhaymin


I beseech You to be their Guardian


and Their Light


in a world that is so wicked


and so wrong


in so many ways


Grant them goodness


Ya Barr


For you’re the source of goodness


And a Benefactor of a kind


Fill them with happiness and joy


in both this world


and the one that comes


next


*


Ya Rahman


I have loved ones in the graves


Ones that I miss dearly


Ones that I pray for mostly


Pardon them 


Oh Pardoner


Illuminate their spaces


in a way that befits You


Ya An-Nur


Grant them new homes


more beautiful


Than they left behind


Grant us a reunion


more joyful


more blissful


more pleasant


than we could ever envision.


*


I invoke you


Ya Baasit


Extend to me,


my lovely family,


my cherished friends,


and my very dear ones


Your Mercy


in all that we do


Guide us to Your path


and make us steadfast


in it


Give us wisdom


when we are blinded by the world


Grant us ease


when nothing seems easy


Enrich us, Ya Mughni


with faith 


and hope


with contentment 


and peace


with love 


and compassion


Make us among Your favourites


for I yearn for nothing


more than that


Oh My Beloved.


I pray.


I pray. 


I pray.